Photo and Info from Historic Sites of Manitoba
The Butterfield School District was established formally in May 1904 and, by October 1905, it opened a school on the southwest
corner of 15-2-29W in the Rural Municipality of Edward. The school closed in 1943 and, henceforth, students from this area were sent
to Pierson School. As of 2012, the building still stands on the privately-owned site and is used for storage.