1891 – 1908
Gwen Bercen listed as first Postmistress but Joseph Taylor from
32-5-20 Moved to village in1899
1885 - Present
Town – 16-6-23
It was in 1889 that James Hartney rented his farm to Reuben Beynon. He
and S. H. Dickson, opened a store on the southeast comer of the
intersection of Poplar Avenue and East Railway Street, which Mr.
Dickson ran. Mr. Dickson became the postmaster and the post office was
moved from the Hartney farm to the Hartney-Dickson store.
Waneche / Wenetche
1885 - 1892.
On the David Gibson farm and was called by the Indian name "Wenetche."
1884 - 1918.
A post office was established that at Mrs. Weightman's home (she being
the first in this area) and given the name "Westhall" in memory of the
farm in Berwickshire, England, from whence she came.
1900 - 1966
Joseph W. Johnson
William Henry B. Hill