The Past At
The Hart-Cam Museum
310 Poplar Street
the way it is through the effort of volunteers
and the people of Hartney, and surrounding area.
All items in the
have been either loaned or donated by the
generous people amongst us.
If you would like
contribute in any way, stop by or call one of the
The Hart-Cam Museum specializes in pre-settlement history and houses
early history relics of the community.
two-storey brick and stone building in Hartney was erected in 1902
by local mason James McArter for merchant brothers A. E. Hill and W. H.
B. Hill. It operated as a general store until 1983. The building sat
vacant until 1995 when the McBrien family converted it into a
restaurant, bakery and gift shop. It closed in 1999 and a group of
local citizens turned the building into a community museum.
smaller two-storey brick building beside the Hill Building, known as
the Lewis Building, was constructed in 1902 as a home for the Hartney
Star newspaper. Operated by Walpole Murdoch and F. G. Lewis, the
structure later housed a bank, telephone office, post office, and
The building - as Currie's General Store, in
"The Stone Angel".
It also played the role of the "Noel State
Bank" in "The Lookout"
308 Poplar Street
Regular Hours: July and August
Off Season Hours: