Vantage Points Flashbacks
Additional Resources for the story: Designed by Women
If you have feedback or additional information contribute on this topic, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the 1930s and 1940s this small frame building, measuring about 12 feet by 30 feet, and identified on 1910 maps as 64 Brambel Avenue, served not only as the Napinka fire hall and jail, but also as the women’s rest room. The windows section to the right of the door was devoted to the rest room.
Source: Donna Norell
Deloraine’s “new” rest room, built in 1929 by the Women’s Institute. After its closure in 1981 it was moved to the local airport for use as a “club room.” Between 1920 and 1929, the rest room had been located in a building moved into town in 1886, possibly from Old Deloraine; it later became Goodine’s Barber Shop.
Source: V. Hasselfield
Links to Additional Resources
“The Most Humane Institution in All the Village”: The Women’s Rest Room in Rural Manitoba
Copyright © Turtle Mountain–Souris Plains Heritage Association.