Situated on the Little Saskatchewan River, the 10 Mile Dam supplied the city of Brandon with power. The Brandon Electric Light Company built the dam in 1900 and it is considered Manitoba's first hydroelectic power generating station. The dam spanned approximately 80 meters and was constructed from timber and reinforced with clay and stone. The station was decommissioned in 1924
See also: Winter Hike to the Ten Mile Dam.
PASTForward - Winnipeg's Digital Public History
See also: Winter Hike to the Ten Mile Dam