View the Prairie Towns Collection...
South Antler School - near Cameron Siding
Cameron Lake of the Woods Elevator
A small community was formed when the railway arrived.
The community of Cameron (also known as Cameron Siding) had a post office starting in 1903 with Postmaster W. D. Hamilton. This office closed about 1929.
In 1903 the foundation for a third elevator at the new town of Cameron on the Lyleton extension was laid.
A Lumberyard operated by Cameron & Ferguson was open until 1918.
Heritage Site Maps...