Cadzow was a stop between Boissevain and Whitewater on the Pembina Branch of the Canadian Pacific Railway. A small portable station was built was built in 1910 and was sold in May, 1968.
This station was used as a place to pick up the kids for school. Fresh waterfowl and other game was packed in ice and shipped to places like Chicago.
The name came from Cadzow Castle in Scotland, the original home of the Hamiltons.
A hunter by the name of Cadzo homesteaded in the region.