The Grand Trunk Pacific promised a spur to connect Brandon with its main line that passed about 15 km north of Brandon. Work began in 1911. A rail bed was graded from Harte as far as the Assiniboine River, where a bridge was constructed.
But by that time it was becoming apparent that railway companies had overbuilt, and the resulting financial woes intervened.
The project was terminated in 1913 leaving only an unfinished rail bed that had never seen rails, let alone trains, and a bridge that was never crossed and had to be demolished in 1924 leaving only the massive supports.
Photo by Gordon Goldsborough
Ingelow & Area