Lang's Crossing, Rapids &Trail
1. Rapids from upstream
2. Rapids from upstream
3. Rapids from upstream
4. Rapids from upstream
5. Rapids up close and personal
6. Rapids up close and personal
7. Rapids from downstream
8. Rapids from downstream
9. About a kilometre
downstream looking back
10. About a km downstream looking
11. Begininng of the trail,
looking towards the "Big Bend" of the Souris River.
12. Overview of the Souris Bend
13. Twists and turns on the Souris
14. The old crossing in high
water, July, 24 2014.
On most years one could walk across here in mid-summer. I've seen jeeps
drive across in the fall.
15. Towards the lip of the river
16. Lush growth in this wet year.
17. Overlooking the old
crossing from the west.
18. Downstream from the crossing.
The valley often has two levels.
Gentle rolling descent from the prairie is followed by sharp valley
walls along many parts of the channel.
19. Another view
20. There is often a nice updraft.
Watched a group of up to five eagles for some time.
The best part was when swooped up out of the valley right in front of
21. Golden Eagle along the
22. High water has extended this
bend significantly since my first visit nearly twenty years ago.